Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Goodbye, vet

No, he hasn't died and I haven't mysteriously developed an immunity to all diseases that would permit me to never have to go there again. But he is retiring. This makes mommy sad because she really liked that vet and says he was great with me, even though his clinic was not the cheapest around. Now we have to find a new vet. A few people have recommended this place nearby, so we're going to go check it out when I need my shots which isn't until January.

I really liked that vet and, in the first few months I was with mommy, I saw him a lot, which kinda made her grumble about how expensive I was, but hey, it wasn't my fault. First off, I needed a second round of vaccines after getting my first ones at the SPCA where I was waiting for mommy to find me and take me home. Also, I wasn't fixed yet, but they did that at the SPCA clinic. But before I went in for my second shots, I was hit by a car.

I've vaguely mentioned this incident before. It happened about a week after I had come to live with mommy. My aunty had some friends over and one of them, who despite having a dog herself isn't all that careful, left the upstairs door open while she was going to put her shoes on (we live on the second floor and all shoes get left in the stairway, not in the house) and her father was standing in the downstairs door. Aunty said to be careful, not to let me out, but the guy just moved out of the way and I was free! Then the friend left without even bothering to see if aunty managed to catch me or anything. We live on a busy street and a car was pulling up to the stop. Luckily it wasn't going fast and I just fell down and scraped some fur off my eyebrow. It looked very manly, if I do say so myself. Aunty was panicked, of course, and I was packed off and brought to that vet for the first time. He was very nice to me and complimented me on how calm I was in the waiting room, lying sprawled on the floor waiting for someone to pet me. The friend who let me out never called to see how I was despite another friend who was there calling her and telling her I got hit. Humans.

Anyway, after that I had to go for my shots, then again because I stopped eating for three days and I was tummy-sick for a bit. that was all in the space of a few months, so I saw the vet a lot. He always took good care of me as did the nice techs, so it makes me sad that he's now retired.

I know that the Army of Four love their vets, but a lot of doggies out there hate the vet. Who else out there loves their vet?

1 comment:

The Army of Four said...

Aww! I hope you find a new vet you'll grow to love! You're right - we do love ours!!! The whole hospital full!
Tail wags,
Storm