Monday, June 2, 2008

Booming and impending doom

Today was not a good day. First of all, mommy was holding the stupid snake and I was locked out. It's bad enough that I have to go sulk with mommy in the mornings because the stupid bird is out with granny and I can't go into the kitchen and see if there's cheese to be had, now mommy, MY mommy, was holding the stupid snake. And worse, mommy is going to get a second snake. I'm not pleased.

Then I heard mommy on the phone, talking with someone. This isn't a rare occurrence in and of itself, but I heard the words "heartworm preventive treatment", "Louka" and "appointment" all mentioned within a short space of time. This is never good. Then mommy, laughing, tells me that we're going to the vet's tomorrow for a blood test before she can put me on preventives against nasty bugs. I'm not thrilled, even tough the vet-ladies are nice and pet me and give me treats. Sticking me with needles and stealing my blood is not nice. Not nice at all.

That wouldn't have been so bad, but then it started booming! There was all this rumbling and loud noises... It was a storm (with a small s)! I was having a hard time finding a lair to hide in, so mommy kindly cleared out her closet for me ans put covers down. Instant lair. I'm dictating this for her from inside this lair and I'm not coming out until I get cheese or the booming stops, whichever comes first!

Woos,
Louka

2 comments:

Sophie Brador said...

Louka, I heard that thunder tonight too, but I don't really care so much. Hey, what vet do you go to?

xo
SB

The Army of Four said...

We've been having lots of really severe weather lately. Zim, Am and I don't really care, but Stormy makes sure Mom stays up all night with her. Woo.
Luv,
Dave